Monday, March 15, 2010

Sorry its been so long!!!






I'm sorry it has been so long since my last post! I plan to update way more often than this!! We have had a very busy last few weeks with Cam starting tball and Landan starting baseball. We have found out who our coaches are and have already began practicing. As crazy as it sounds, Cam's little team (CS Cougars!) practice twice a week for at least an hour and a half!! I think that is entirely too long for 4 and 5 yr olds to have to concentrate..but I guess they didn't ask me, did they?!? Landan practices twice a week, too-but only for about an hour. Brent is the asst. coach for Landan's team, and I'm pretty sure they are the Red Raiders :). Cam was sooo excited about his first practice!! As he was practicing, he would just look over at me and smile!! He wanted to make sure I was watching :) It was pretty cute.

2/29- 3/5, Brent was gone to Nashville, Tenn. for Wraser training. Lauren came to visit us and help make the week go by faster. I was so thankful she came..it was a REALLYYY tough week for me. Thankfully we stayed busy with wedding stuff and Mom came to visit Friday morning. Brent got home Friday afternoon and we were SOOOO happy to see him. While he was gone, we worked very hard to have a few "surprises" for him when he got home. One project was Cam and Morgan's room. We recently moved Morgan into Cam's room in hopes that he would start sleeping better (Didn't work! ;). Cam wanted a "fishing room" and I tried in every possible way to NOT have to repaint the room. It didn't work! Lauren and I got the room finished and the boys love it! It is so cute!! I also started cleaning out the garage so that we could park 2 cars in it again. I finally got it finished and thankfully it was a success!! I think Lauren and I were successful with the wedding stuff, but not only that it was just so much fun!! I haven't gotten to spend time with Lauren like that in forever, and I really enjoyed it! I think she was completely worn out by the time she left this crazy house!! Ha!

This last week we went to Coleman for spring break. We had plans of camping a night or 2, but the boys were having so much fun at Mom and Bahpoo's that we just stayed put. Of course, as always..Mom and Dad cooked an AMAZING dinner for us every single night :) The great food is always one of the highlights of our visits!! Growing up I always claimed to be the "City Girl." I didn't think I would ever miss the country, but boy was I wrong!! I love the quiet peacefullness of it all!! My old bedroom..that I have to share with Brent now..haha..jk!, is great. It is one of my favorite rooms of the house. It has 5 windows and the sunshine just beams in. There is nothing like waking up to the beautiful sunshine out in the country. I really cherish every moment I get to spend there with Mom and Dad. Landan has really learned to love the country, as well. I think he is really a country boy at heart. This weekend he loved just going outside whenever he wanted..taking his bb gun, walking thru the pasture, playing baseball in the field, fishing at the tank, etc. Yesterday, he told me he felt like that was his home. He wants soooo bad for us to move to Coleman!! He cried on the way home and once we got back to Waco. He lives for every minute out there! I explained that summer was coming and he would soon be able to go back and hang out whenever he wanted! I can't forget to add a few of the things that the boys say..haha! One morning somehow we got to talking about Albert Einstein. Brent was talking about how smart of a guy he was and whatever he was known for..haha! I can't remember. Anyway, I added that I think he was an atheist!! Landan immediately said, " Well, i guess that means that I am smarter than Albert Einstein!! 'Cause I know there's a God!" It just made mom and I cry!! What a great kid! Also, Camden is always full of funny, witty comments, as most of you know! You truly NEVER know what that kid is thinking..or worse, what might come out of his mouth. This time it was just funny! We were getting ready for dinner when Mom and I noticed he was scratching himself..like most men do! Ha! I just looked at him funny..and he said, "it itches!.." I said "well, whats wrong?" and his response was,"Don't ask me..ask God! He knows everything!" Hahaha Anyway, needless to say, we had a GREAT time, as always! I even got to help out Mom and Lauren at school a little bit. It was lots of fun and great experience. Sorry for such a long update!! I will make it a priority to update more often. I am going to add a few pics today, too! Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment