Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Its been awhile!!!!

So it has been entirely too long since my last post! I am terrible at this blog thing! I established this site to keep our closest family and friends updated with everything going on in our lives...but so much for that in the last year! I'm sad to say that I don't even remember what my last blog was about...and haven't had the time to go back and read it. Imagine that!! My goal is to keep this blog going and to eventually create a book with all of these postings for our boys to have. Well- I should probably say for their wives...because we all know that no boys are going to take the time to read something like this! haha!

Well, where to start?? This last year has been a crazy one- probably the fastest year that I personally can ever remember. Or not remember. August started out with a bang...Camden beginning kindergarden, Landan 4th grade, Morgan daycare, and my first day of being the Intermediate school Art teacher. What a year it has been! I must say that I have been truly blessed by getting to know the kids at the school, but most of all getting to spend more time in the environment that my child is in every day. Having a bad day is never as bad when I get to see my sweet Landan's smile!! Cam has done exceptionally well in K this year. He is completely in love with his teacher and she has done an amazing job with him. He has really jumped in and made tons of friends, including his bff that he refers to as "Ryan spiderWEBB!" Landan has really begun to open up this year, too...and made tons of great friends. When I say open up....I really mean it! He is really finding who he is and what he stands for. He has had his first little crush- a very sweet little 4th grader. However- he broke up with her b/c he didn't get to play football during recess! Ha! So glad that he finds that more important in his life right now! Seeing him grow up and be such a great kid just reassures me so much more that God NEVER makes mistakes! I don't know what I would do without that kid! I really find more and more everyday that he is ME made over!! His personality- everything. I think he is my little clone. I am so thankful that God chose me to care for him...and for all of my boys! I never dreamed of being the only girl in a house full of boys- but what a blessing they are! Well- Morgan also started daycare this year, which was a transition that really scared me. I was very worried about the change, but he has done amazing and is loving his "tiny school." He looks forward to going every day and loves his teachers. He has learned so much and his teacher even told us that he is the smartest kid in the whole class! He knows all of his ABC's...can recognize all of the letters and knows many of the sounds. I think we may have an early reader on our hands! Woo Hoo! He constantly blows us away with his little sayings and even big boy things that he says- and yes, they are not all good!! I'll never forget the first time i heard him say, "I'm dunna kick you butt!"....ha! I couldn't help but laugh! Tomorrow is his 3rd birthday!! And he sure knows it! When you ask when his birthday is, he says with excitment, "MARCH 30!!!!!" He cant wait!

Ok, so moving on to other things going on in the last year- Whew! Sorry this is so long!! The boys have just started baseball- my favorite time of year! There truly is nothing that I love more than waking up on a cool Saturday morning to go watch my boys play ball and love every minute of it. They are loving it too and just live for the next game. Of course Morgan isn't old enough- but will be next year! Watch out China Spring!! He is one wild kid! Last game Camden had several GREAT catches at first base...and Landan is doing a wonderful job pitching! The kid is also as tall as I am. We had predicted that by the end of 4th grade that he would pass me up...and I know that by August we will be there!! I can't believe it! Also another big change as of lately. Brent just found out about 2 weeks ago that if he wanted to keep his job- that we would have to move to Houston. I'm sure most of you know what his job situation has been like for a long time now- so a move would just be ridulous. We have constantly been in prayer about this and don't feel that a move is what God is leading us to do. Anyway- long story short...God is really working in that situation and we will see what happens!

So I have to brag on my husband...who around our group of friends has earned the name "SuperDad!" Only because he really is!!! He is honestly the greatest husband on earth, and I can't imagine what I would do without him. Throughout all of my long crazy days at school, my homework and all things we are involved in- he is amazing. He helps with the kids SOOOO much more than I could ever ask for, cooks dinner, cleans, does laundry, and loves me through all of my "I'm losing my mind days"...and trust me! Sometimes I'm hard to love! He is just another blessing that God sent my way. He is the best!!!! Speaking of my school- I will finish up at the end of this summer and finally have my Psychology degree!! yay! It's about time!

I promise I will update more often...and plan on updating pictures soon! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment